Saturday, October 18, 2008

Surgery for Luke!

After having surgery yesterday morning, Luke is doing so much better today! I don't have any pictures to show of but just some news to pass along! It was nothing major, he had a tonsilectomy and adenoidectomy. Poor little fella has had strep throat 8 or 9 times ( I lost track!) since last year ! Thankfully the doctor suggested the procedure to be done or I was going to ask for it!! We don't want lil Luke to have to go through that anymore!
So after dealing with insurance companies (how we don't like 'em, but we really have to love 'em!), everything was a go and Luke was in and out on Friday morning! Before the surgery, on Thursday, I was explaining everything to Luke and he said, " I hate surgery! I don't have to go the doctor, I'm all better!" Poor guy, he was so mad!! Not for long though... the next morning when they got him all ready on the bed, they gave him a bag just stocked full with toys and little things he loves! It made it all better! Now, he gets all the popsicles, gum, and gatorade he wants! The doc said the gum helps he muscles get stronger quicker. Lucky dude! He would live on gum if I let him and now to be asked if he wants a piece of gum... Wow, I'm the coolest mom on earth!!!! Thank heavens for Loritab and Tylenol! It seems to help and he's well on his way to a good recovery!

2 comments:

Carter Family said...

Poor dude! Strep throat that many times stinks! Glad to hear he came through fine... and is recovering! :)

Becky said...

I'm so glad you had his tonsils removed now as opposed to later! I hope he feels lots better soon!