Friday, January 16, 2009

What the CRAP?!?!

So I've been in the mood to do some good, hard cleaning around the house since the last few months of my life have been so hectic! On Wednesday, I was cleaning the stove and lo and behold, I broke it! Yeah, I did. Somehow either a little bit of the water from my cloth I was using or the liquid cleaner got behind the the display panel. I was just cleaning a way and I heard clicking noises. Then, all of a sudden, a flame - a small one, but never-the-less a flame - shot up from behind the display and a LOUD bang!! Scared me to death!!!! I thought for sure my house was gonna burn down! So my neighbors came to the rescue. They helped figure it all out and by yesterday I had the new part ordered and it's on it's way (due to arrive by the 26th. I can do anything for a week and a half, right? HELP!!!). A hundred and fifty bucks, almost 2 weeks, and a shining stove later, I will have a LIKE - NEW stove! What the crap I say?!?! How does that happen to someone? I don't know, but either way I need to stop cleaning or higher a maid service! I'm sure I'll save money in the long run!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that is crazy. Blake and I had a small problem and our stove was so crapy it was not worth the $150 to spend on it, (I sware that is the quote they give for any part or repair) so we bit the bullet and bought a new stove so that we would not have another repair in three months. But come on, you should be able to clean is as shiny as you want with out it exploding. That will teach you to try and show us other ladies up! : )

Stephanie said...

Wow, Heidi you are a really REALLY good cleaner. Just don't clean, that's what I do. :) Actually the display on my oven doesn't work either, so I gotta be sure I set the oven correctly and the timer will ding, but I just can't see it. Ours faded over the last month or so though. I should call and have it checked.

Hey Dave! Wow! I hope you made some big bucks from that toothfairy! Is yours richer than ours? Maybe you can help Mom and Dad pay for the new stove piece. :)

Rachelle said...

It is important to be thorough, but cleaning the electrical panel seems a little OCD there Heidi! Total bummer! How's everything else going? Your family is sure growing quickly and looking gorgeous! Tell them I said hi!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, you are thorough! I love that you still say "what the crap" too. I'm just glad that you're safe!

Becky said...

Um, Hi. Just thought if I commented on here that maybe you'd update your blog, too. Come on! Mine was just as bad as yours as far as how long ago I posted. You can do it!

Becky said...

So, is your oven fixed yet?