Sunday, August 3, 2008

Youth Conference

I just have to share my thoughts on this past Youth Conference I attended for church. Thanks for so much help from my sister-in-law and some friends that watched our kids while Josh was at work, I was able to attend the 3 day conference. We went camping in the mountains about 20 minutes from our home. We were so far in the canyon, the Stake committee had to bring in port-a-potties and water. I wasn't so excited to go at first but of course, when I got there I was loving it and having so much fun with the Youth in our ward. We played a lot of games, went hiking, helped at the local church farms, played on this giant (about 20 yds. long, 7-8 yds. wide) slip-n-slide amongst other water activities, hung around our campsite and laughed until our sides hurt (seariously, my muscles hurt!), and to top it off on the last night we had Kenneth Cope come to our Stake Center. It was awesome! If you don't know him, Kenneth Cope is a famous LDS singer/songwriter. AMAZING. So inspirational! We loved it! Josh got to go to that part with me - what a good little date! Amongst all the fun, we had the opprotunity to hear the youth testify of Jesus Christ and His gospel. The youth today continue to amaze me. We hear of so many teenagers doing so many crazy things, yet there are so many doing good things. It was a great weekend. To top it all off (a brag moment coming....), Josh had the house clean and all in one piece, the kids were happy, and he even went grocery shopping! Wow!
Moving on....I can finally go get my copy of "Breaking Dawn" tomorrow! Yeah!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a good time...oh, to be young again! :) The water slide sounded like my kind of fun! And, for the future, we expect nothing less than perfection from Josh! It's good to know he's still a 10 after all these years.

Carter Family said...

I agree with your comment about the youth today... I too am so impressed with the strength of our youth...temptations are so "in their faces" it's so hard! I am so confused how you could fall asleep reading Breaking Dawn?! I was up until 12:30 almost every night from Friday night until I finished. I can only read from about 8:30 until 12:30 every night... so, I started Sat. night and finished Monday night. It is a great book! But, I actually am disappointed that it's the last. I know she doesn't want to go on and on with the characters... but I still would like more! :) I need my Edward fix regularly! :) Miss ya friend! Take Care! Mar

Braziers said...

We are sooo glad to see you are "blogging". Not much is more powerful than a youth sharing pure testimony!!! I am sure you are an amazing leader for them! We linked you on our blog! Can't wait to see more pics!

slopsemafamily said...

Heidi, I happened upon your blog from a link on Drew's blog. It is so good to see you after so long. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. Just wanted to let you know that I peeked in on your blog.

Megan Myers-Slopsema